Simple Man

I'm just a simple man
Who does things his way,
You know I don't give a damn
About what anyone has to say.
After so many years
Of wanting to be inside,
I woke up and finally embraced
Living on the outside.
You may find me weird,
You may find me cool.
But you know for sure
I am nobody's fucking fool.

I do these things because
I know I fucking can,
It's life of a simple man.

I'm the real writer
Of my long winding tale,
I'm the one that blows the wind
That breezes through my sail.
I'm not wasting time
On my unrequited love,
For there's better use out there
Of my velvet glove.
Sometimes I'm wrong
Sometimes I'm right,
But I'm only the one that can
Turn on my light.

Everything is going
All according to my plan.
It's the life of a simple man.

I take my own road
To get where I want to go,
For the highways I drive
Are only for me to know.
No matter the speed
I'll be right on time,
For the paths I travel on
Are rather sublime.
You may think I'm slow.
You may think I'm fast.
But what matters to me that
I am built to last.

Been doing it my way,
Ever since I began
It's the life of a simple man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Was Nothing There

Time